A man in a blue CHEEERS Recovery Center shirt sitting across another man with glasses

Our Team of Peer Recovery Support Professionals

At CHR, we understand that recovery is a process. We have been there. In fact, over 97% of our staff has personal experience with mental health and/or a substance use disorder. The other 3% have loved ones impacted by mental health or substance use disorders.
Through our  dedicated team of state-certified Peer Recovery Support Specialists, each of our program participants receives one-on-one guidance, recovery support, and emotional encouragement. 100% of our services are peer delivered.

Employment Opportunities

If you are an individual with personal experience in Recovery and would like to work at CHR, Download Employment application below.

Current vacancies at CHR are posted on Indeed.
Email completed applications to [email protected]

Meet Our Executive Staff

A blonde woman smiling

Kimberly Craig


Robert Romero

Center Director
[email protected]


Steve Pavich

Director of Finance
[email protected]

A dark-haired woman wearing a black blazer and a blue blouse

Maria Whaley

Director of Operations
[email protected]


Tara Sang

Director of Quality and Compliance
[email protected]


Roy Monroe

Director of Programs
[email protected]

Our Managers

Lisa image

Lisa Zaran

Community Programs Manager
[email protected]

LeAnn Rudd img

LeAnn Rudd

Claims and Revenue Manager
[email protected]


Darrin Perkins

Facility Lead
[email protected]


Rich Lang

Finance Manager 
[email protected]

Our Program Coordinators


Rebecca Peralta

Adult Education Service Coordinator
[email protected]


Jennifer Brunson

Intake and Engagement Coordinator
[email protected]
[email protected]


Teresa Lundstrom

Expressions of Hope Coordinator
[email protected]


Carlie Mooney

Community Programs Coordinator
[email protected]


Wendy Morrow

Recovery Service Plan Coordinator
[email protected]

The Board of Directors

The Board of Directors is a governing body of volunteer leaders comprised of CHR participants and others leaders who give their time and service to the CHR community.
More than 51% of our Board of Directors have a shared/ lived experience with substance use or mental health.
The board develops the policies, strategies, and vision for CHEEERS, and ensures that all decisions made comply with local, state, and federal regulations.
Our Board of Directors including member representatives approve our operating budget and review all financial reports.


Tonya Macbeth
Burch & Cracchiolo, P.A.
Attorney at Law
Board Member since January 2010

President and CEO

Kimberly Craig
Board Member since March 2016


Robert Wright
Member Representative
Board Member since August 2017


Thomas Pynn
CEO at Pynn & Associates
Board Member since January 2015


Sheree Lee
Member Representative
Board Member since August 2017


Elizabeth Athens
Lecturer ASU School of Social Work
Academic Director: TreeHouse Learning Community
Board Member since August 2017


Bill Kennard
Office of Behavioral Health Workforce Development, AHCCCS
Board member since January 2014


Linda Blair
Member Representative
Board Member since June 2016



Kristen Polin
CEO, NotMyKid
Board Member since September 2017

Immediate Past Chairperson and Advisor

Vicki Staples
Director of Outpatient Behavioral Health Services
Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
Maricopa Integrated Health System
Board Service 2007 - 2015